Win2K ... vs the domain ... IRIX binary not guilty

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Jul 24 13:49:40 GMT 2001

"Kevin (HxPro) Wheatley" wrote:

> Finally managed to track down what was going wrong with the IRIX binary
> - it was a duplicate UID 0 in the smbpasswd file for 'Administrator' as
> well as 'root', which didn't exist in my test domain.
>
> Anybody got any good sanity checking tools for smbpasswd files ???

	Hmmn:
	join /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
	on the name field of each, and report and mis-joins (more
	than one record, any partial records), then diagnose bad
	fields in smbpasswd wit nawk...

	sort -o /tmp/passwd /etc/passwd
	sort -o /tmp/shadow /etc/shadow
	sort -o /tmp/smbpasswd /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd

	join -t: -1 1 -2 1 /tmp/passwd /tmp/shadow |\
	join -t: -1 1 -2 1 - /tmp/smbpasswd >/tmp/joined

	I get 12 entries in the joined file, 13 in /tmp/passwd,
	so there is a missing entry already!

Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com