OT: change NT login procedure

Kevin Colby kevinc at grainsystems.com
Wed Jan 31 20:42:35 GMT 2001

Geoff Silver wrote:

> [...]  Winbind is the ultimate answer, because it will be able to obtain
> user and group info at the filesystem level (something which Samba doesn't
> do), but it's still alpha code - not a good idea for production.

I wanted to comment that we are using winbind, in production, for
authentication of dial-in PPP users against the NT domain from Linux.
The system has not been in operation long, but it seems to be working
flawlessly thusfar.  A big thanks to winbind's developers (and of course
the Samba developers on whose work it relies).

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc at grainsystems.com