Printer-Properties 2.2-alpha

Greg Dickie greg at discreet.com
Sun Jan 28 18:23:05 GMT 2001

In my case it's not exactly clear what is happening. Usually if I go and
look at the printer propterties on the print server through NN for example
they are there but they do not seem to propagate to the clients. I also
have one printer (HP LJ 4SIMXPS) that some clients insist do not have an
appropriate driver and want to reinstall.

Overall it seems to work pretty well though.

Greg

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Tim Potter wrote:

> Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 04:28:34 +1100 (EST)
> From: Tim Potter <tpot at linuxcare.com.au>
> To: Greg Dickie <greg at discreet.com>
> Cc: Matthias Schuendehuette <msch at snafu.de>, samba-technical at us5.samba.org
> Subject: Re: Printer-Properties 2.2-alpha
>
> Greg Dickie writes:
>
> > > On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Matthias Schuendehuette wrote:
>
> > > I have only one (show-stopper) problem concerning the printer properties
> > > and the document defaults. I'm not able to set/save them in any way. That
> > > concernes the paper size (LETTER is not the standard in Europe) as well
> > > as additional printer features such as stackers, paper trays and so on.
> > > BTW: I'm talking about the latest HP LaserJet Drivers for 4000, 4050,
> > > 8000, 8150 etc.
>
> Greg Dickie writes:
>
> > I have the same problem, although they do appear to get saved and show up
> > and times, it does not seem predictable.
>
> So I take it that the property changes are just not sticking for
> you both as opposed to getting a permission denied messages?
>

> Tim.

Greg Dickie
just a guy
greg at discreet.com