samba won't build correctly...

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Wed Jan 24 20:14:38 GMT 2001

"Welsh, Armand" wrote:

> What do I need to do to get samba to compile?  when doing a make, I get:
>
> Linking bin/smbd
> Undefined                     first referenced
>  symbol                           in file
> inet_aton                         libsmb/clidgram.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bin/smbd
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bin/smbd] Error 1
>
> anyone know why?
> I am building samba on solaris 2.8, with gnumake, and gcc.

	The inet_aton on Solaris 8 is (intentionally)
	hidden away in a library, so people won't use
	it.  It's presumably being replaced with Stevens'
	function that does both IPv5 and IPv6...

	If I recollect the discussion properly, you can
	just put in a constant and not call the function
	to create it from a string...

--dave
Performance & Engineering Team | some people and astonish the rest.
Americas Customer Engineering  |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com