sometimes wrong file sizes shown on linux smbmounts

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Fri Jan 19 13:12:38 GMT 2001

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Hildenbrand, Patrick wrote:

> Hi
>
> after compiling samba for using LFS on linux RH7.0 system using a 2.4 kernel
> both samba2.0.7 and 2.2.0-alpha1 do show wrong file sizes on nt sp6 shares
> for files > 2GB (actually, they jsut show the inversed value). There is no
> problem with WinNT SP5 systems. Anybody allready stumbled across this ? Did
> MS change the representation of the filesize ?

No change. smbfs has never supported large files, not in dir listings and
not when accessing files.

A recent question to samba at samba.org (which btw is a more appropriate list
for this question) asked the same thing. Browse this months archive (hey,
is it 2015 already?)
	http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba/
Or search the archive at
	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&r=1&w=2

If you are interested in fixing this then let me know. The other guy
sounded like he might try and do something about it, but he didn't
actually say.

/Urban