Serving data from a script

Harakan Software harakan at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 15 15:20:27 GMT 2001

Hi,

Excuse my stupidity, but I still can't figure out how to get this to work. I
read through David's tutorial, and I understand the concept, the approach,
and the functions that he describes in his examples, BUT...

How do I actually *compile* SAMBA to include a VFS??? I have the 2.0.7
source code, and the VFS tutorial files. I can find no references to VFS in
the Samba source code, no files with the name "vfs.c" as is mentioned in the
ChangeLog, and no VFS examples or hook points. Where do I put the skeleton
VFS example, and how do I point Samba to it???

Yours in hope and frustration,

Chris.