I think MS just did us (and themselves) a disservice.

Martin Sjoelin martins at ieee.org
Wed Jan 10 17:14:58 GMT 2001

A small hack which you can try is to replace
the server (hostname) with its IP address, e.g.

 net use x: \\server's-ip-address\share /user:domain/username password

I have a vague memory of that then you create a second
connection from the client using another set of
credentials. But this was a long time ago (2 year)
that I worked with this (under NT4).

cheers,

Martin.

--
Server Engineering, UBS AG, VFVA I7MK-SUA, PO Box, 8098 Zurich
tel: +41 1 236 8658, fax: +41 1 236 8120, mobile: +41 79 3719638
visiting: Flurstrasse 65, e-mail: martin.sjoelin at ubs.com