Removal of NT Builtin Groups

Elrond elrond at samba.org
Sat Jan 6 15:46:12 GMT 2001

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 06:42:17PM -0500, John M Trostel wrote:
> I would like the users of my HEAD samba server to not see the builtin
> users and groups:
>
> Authenticated Users
> Creator Owner
> Interactive
> Network
> SYSTEM

You can't remove them from an NT box. These are well known
groups and they don't show up in User Manager in any way.

And SYSTEM is the account, that all system processes run
under (unless specified differently)

Oh, and removing them from samba wont buy you anything,
because the user can simply click on the domain list box at
the top of the "add user to acl" dialog, choose the
machine, on which the files reside and choose them from
there.

    Elrond