libsmbclient: Browsing and a URI spec?

Ulf Bertilsson Ulf.Bertilsson at adcomdata.no
Fri Jan 5 10:05:57 GMT 2001

What was your experience ?

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Welsh, Armand [mailto:armand.welsh at sscims.com]
Sendt: 4. januar 2001 18:14
Til: Ulf Bertilsson; Samba-Technical (E-post)
Emne: RE: libsmbclient: Browsing and a URI spec?

only on win9x can you do this.  On win NT, your domain and workgroup
will be the same.  Because on NT, you can already browse all workgroups
via netbios broadcasts, and if you are a member of a domain, you are
authenticating in the domain, and a participant/member of it's
workgroup.

Although, what happens if you set the NT system to use say, workgroupA,
then at the login prompt, where you only get username/password fields,
enter domain/username, and password.... will this authenticate you... My
guess is, probably, so that blows that whole theory out of the water....
Has anyone tried this?  If not, I will try it tonight, to see what
happens.  I am guessing, that in this mode, it will work just like a
win9x client configured for domain logins.