Samba Security breach ?

Welsh, Armand armand.welsh at sscims.com
Wed Jan 3 16:09:18 GMT 2001

Just curious, what happens if you map user student, to account ftp, or some
other account that has restricted access rights.  I remember reading
somewhere that it's prefered to use a guest user account, like ftp, instead
of nobody, for restricted shares.  Though I don't remember what the reason
was... I will investigate, and see if it has anything to do with this
situation.