NetBIOS Names (Was: Re: Directory listing in libsmbclient.so)

Welsh, Armand armand.welsh at sscims.com
Tue Jan 2 19:50:45 GMT 2001

I must be mistaken... I can't find anything about name limitations on
MS-DOS, and rather than assume I remember this correctly, I am going to have
to assume that if it was an issue, that it would be in the knowledge base,
so lets just work off the assumption that the only limitation with
DOS/Windows 3.x is that a space bar is not permitted in the name.  (this
because DOS has no way of grouping parameters based on "" within it's
standard parsers, since it was never an issue in the past.)