Fw: wildcards in HEAD/SAMBA_2_2

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Mon Feb 26 03:49:18 GMT 2001

Jerry,

> What's the status of this?  Do you need me to work on
> anything?

I've done a couple of commits on this, and will be doing more
shortly. What I am aiming for initially is the broad algorithm
properties. Specifically:

- does the server match on both short and long names?
- does it match base and extensions separately?

so far I think the answer to both of the above is yes, but I want to
do more testing to be sure.

I've been doing other tests on this sort of thing as well. One problem
is that at this protocol level the server renames files as they are
opened. So for example if you open ".x." then it will get saved as
".x" - auto-stripping the trailing dot. That breaks masktest. I'm
working on a proper fix.

Cheers, Tridge