Updating Docs for 2.2 release

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Fri Feb 23 16:11:03 GMT 2001

Folks,

I have finished the initial conversion of the manpages
from yodl to DocBook V4.1.  I am working on some configure
and Makefile stuff for managing building the different formats.
Many thanks to Nik Clayton (freebsd) and James Moore (php)
for letting me bug them while I was working on this.

I am working on consolidating the various ASCII files into
a coherent single book-like format (also DocBook of course).
This will go slower I think.

What needs to be done is some copy-editing on the man
pages.  In particular smb.conf.  We need to verify the
accuracy of things like documented default values
and make sure all parameters are there (any gone from 2.0
need to be removed of course).  The samba-doc mailing
list archives probably are a good palce to start from when
Andy was working on the O'Reilly desktop reference.

http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-docs/2001-January/thread.html

Please let me know what pages you would like to review
so we don't duplicate efforts :-)

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com