W2K joining domain

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Fri Feb 23 21:47:07 GMT 2001

Jim McDonough wrote:

> Then, the next problem I'm encountering is that on the SAMR_SET_USERINFO
> api, we're expected 1 more byte than my Win2k box is sending.  Were
> expecting, after the opnum (3A in this case):
> POLICY_HANDLE (20 bytes);
> switch (2 bytes)
> ctr {
>   switch (2 bytes)
>   SAM_USER_INFO_24 {
>     password (516 bytes)
>     unknown (2 bytes)
>   }
> }
>
> Totalling 542 bytes.
>
> My RPC request from my W2k box (netmon agrees with this) is only 541 bytes.
>
> Everthing up to the SAM_USER_INFO_24 looks good.  We fail trying to do a
> prs_uint16 for the unknown field.  Only one byte is left.  If I change the
> unknown field to 1 byte, and do a prs_uint8, I get beyond this problem.

I must have broken something in the mega-merge. If you
CVS revert to the version before the merge you can look
at the diffs for that RPC parse - I'll have messed something
up.

I will look at this myself as part of the tidyup of the 2.2
merge code (I'm running insure on it at the moment) but I'm
currently adding support for AS/U servers as PDC's for 2.2.

Sorry for the problem,

Jeremy.