*HUGE* connections.tdb w/ 2.2.0a2

root lists at gecko.math.ualberta.ca
Thu Feb 22 23:44:56 GMT 2001

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Tim Potter wrote:

> root writes:
> > I've notice that after somewhere between 4 and 12 hours of operation,
> > connections.tdb becomes insanely huge: by this I mean about 1GB in size.
> > I think the only reason the file stopped there was that the disk was
> > full. I'm certain it's not a high load issue: this machine is only
> > handling 16 clients... needless to say, the only way to work around this
> > it seems is to kill the daemon and nuke connections.tdb. help?
>
> Can you tell me whether this file is sparse, or actually that big?

it's actually that big. i was able to catch it as it was growing. when it
does begin to explode, it does so at a little over 1MB/s.

> You might want to repost this to samba-technical, as someone
> there might be able to help you.

You'll notice that this is cross-posted to tech. I guess we can let the
followups on the general list die.

--
Chris Kuethe:  System Administrator  -   U of A Math Dept.

cell: 780.903.9475                    office: CAB553, 780.492.1704
wargames@{edmc.net,hackcanada.com}    ckuethe@[[gecko.]math.]ualberta.ca

Opinions expressed herein are solely the responsibility of
the author. And the author wouldn't have it any other way.