Latest libsmbclient.so changes committed etc

Andrew Tridgell tridge at samba.org
Tue Feb 20 06:02:46 GMT 2001

> Well, I have checked against Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 2000
> Professional, and Samba, and they all seem to handle the Node Status
> request against * correctly so far. That is, they return the response to
> the source port in the request, not port 137. I was amazed ...

I can assure you that this is not the case for all versions of NT4. It
seems to depend on the exact build number.

The original reason for adding the unexpected packet database was
handling these incorrect node status responses. That's also why we had
the "this is not unusual" message in "nmblookup -S" failures.