Printer Driver Download + CUPS

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Sat Feb 17 17:43:52 GMT 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Michael Sweet wrote:

> After a lot of fiddling and reading PRINTER_DRIVER2.txt, I've setup
> the print$ share with the appropriate directories, copied the
> necessary files (PSCRIPT.DLL, PSCRPTUI.DLL, PSCRIPT.HLP, and the
> PPD file) to the driver directory, and then used rpcclient to add
> the printer driver and printer.  The following were the commands I
> used for the Xerox N2025:

you copied the files to print$/w32x86 ?

and after the rpcclient's spolladdprinterdriver call, they moved to
print$/w32x86/2 ?

the files should be in that directory.

on NT the files should not be in the WINNT directory but under
winnt/system32/spool/drivers/w32x86/2

> I still need to test with some other printers/PPDs, in case this
> is just specific to the Xerox driver, but it has occurred to me
> that I'm doing something wrong... :)

I don't think the xerox driver is faulty :-) :-) The postscript driver is
one of the few, MS wrote well. The downloading thing I'm talking, not the
quality of the postscript code :-)

	J.F.