Problem:proifle permissions samba 2.2/w2k

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Thu Feb 15 22:39:43 GMT 2001

Jeremy Allison wrote:

> The problem is I can't reproduce it on my system, my profile/
> directory and all the directories within it get created fine,
> and with the correct permissions.
>
> Can you, and others experiancing this problem please check
> out the current Samba 2.2 CVS, delete the users profile
> directory and then login/out of the W2K client with Samba
> set to debug level 10, and then mail me the smb.conf, plus
> the *complete* log file (I don't care how big it is), plus
> the output from ls -lR on the UNIX system in the users profile
> directory.

Ok - please ignore the previous email (especially about sending
massive log files :-) :-).

I've now found and fixed the bug in both 2.2 and HEAD.

Please CVS update and test it out (remember to delete
the profile directory with the bad permissions first),
but it works fine here.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.