Buglist before 2.2 release.

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Wed Feb 14 23:24:35 GMT 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Jeremy Allison wrote:

> g). Patch integration. Yes I'm sure there are lots I've
> missed. Don't let me forget any !

I can't find this in SAMBA_2_2 or HEAD, and I'd really like to see it in
2.2.0 (well, in both branches really). If there is a problem with this
patch, please let me know.

http://www.hojdpunkten.ac.se/054/samba/smbmount-2.2.0-alpha1-ascii+fixes-2.patch

Applies vs 2.2.0-alpha1/2, SAMBA_2_2 and HEAD (minor fuzz).

It fixes a few smbmount problems, memory leaks, a socket leak, reconnect
bug and adds things from smbclient (credentials file and password file,
why does smbclient have both? why not an options file with different
parts for different servers/shares? hmm, 2.2.1 perhaps).

More structured list of changes in:
    http://samba.org/cgi-bin/samba-patches/incoming?id=215;user=guest
(the only thing added since then are 2 shutdown/frees that were missed)

The only change outside smbmount is a small one to lib/debug.c to allow
switching from interactive to non-interactive. Should be harmless.

Messages #179 and #215 in samba-patches are older versions of the same
patch.

/Urban