Printing trouble with 2.2.0alpha2

Paul Sanders sanders_p at univerahealthcare.org
Wed Feb 14 21:55:29 GMT 2001

I had what looks like this problem:  check the permisiion on the spool
directories on your samba box - I used
chmod 1777 on all spool directories and they now work.  Also check that your
queue is both accepting requests [spooling] and  has printing enabled.  I
checked this via Webmin and found that a few queues somehow were set to have
printing disabled - therefore spooling but not printing.
{I use VA-RHL 6.2.3 and samba Head/TNG}

hope this helps..

paul sanders

>>> Christopher Odenbach 02/14 9:25 AM >>>

Hi,

I finally got the automatic driver download for NT running. Great. Now
the next problem appears: I can't print, the print command actually is
never executed.

I can see the UNIX printing queue (lprng) and I can delete jobs from there,
but I cannot commit jobs into the queue. Some programs give an error like
"Access denied", some don't say anything.

What should I look for in the logfile? I already searched for the print
command to be executed, but the only string I found was

  Running the command `/usr/local/bin/lpq -Pramirez' gave 0

The permissions in printer properties look good, they say printing is
allowed for everybody.

Any hints greatly appreciated,

Christopher

P.S.: NT SP 6a, Samba 2.2.0alpha2 on Solaris 2.6

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach
    HNI Rechnerbetrieb
    odenbach at uni-paderborn.de
    Tel.: +49 5251 60 6215