WHATSNEW.txt ought to say something about the changing logging controls...

Richard Bollinger rabollinger at home.com
Wed Feb 14 17:36:01 GMT 2001

In the past few days, there have been some changes in the logging setup in the 2.2 CVS version of
samba.  Among other things, the default log level went from 2 to 0.  I was surprised to find
log.smbd file created until I specified a level greater than 0.  Kind of spooky at first.

Maybe that startup message in smbd/server.c should be at level 0, same as the one in
nmbd/asyncdns.c.

Also, someone ought to add notes to the "WHATSNEW.txt" file, at least, to warn folks doing an
upgrade.

The smb.conf man page does state the new default level is 0.

Thanks, Rich Bollinger