Printing trouble with 2.2.0alpha2

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at hni.uni-paderborn.de
Wed Feb 14 14:25:05 GMT 2001

Hi,

I finally got the automatic driver download for NT running. Great. Now
the next problem appears: I can't print, the print command actually is
never executed.

I can see the UNIX printing queue (lprng) and I can delete jobs from there,
but I cannot commit jobs into the queue. Some programs give an error like
"Access denied", some don't say anything.

What should I look for in the logfile? I already searched for the print
command to be executed, but the only string I found was

  Running the command `/usr/local/bin/lpq -Pramirez' gave 0

The permissions in printer properties look good, they say printing is
allowed for everybody.

Any hints greatly appreciated,

Christopher

P.S.: NT SP 6a, Samba 2.2.0alpha2 on Solaris 2.6

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach
    HNI Rechnerbetrieb
    odenbach at uni-paderborn.de
    Tel.: +49 5251 60 6215