SV: The latest CVS Samba

Kim Tingkær KimT at aloc.dk
Wed Feb 14 02:56:23 GMT 2001

Hi again,

i have something to add to my last email which i think is rather
important... I discovered that with the setting (this is NOT with the CVS
version i wanted to use rahter with the clean ftp - and i think even the
first alpha2):

    add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -noconfig -group users -d /dev/null
-s /bin/false %u

what is added to the passwd file is "client_" <- notice the underscore...

i changed the setting to:

    add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -noconfig -group users -d /dev/null
-s /bin/false %m$

and it was added correctly (both in passwd and smbpasswd) by samba! But i
_still_ got that cursed "The user account is a machineaccount blah..." msg.
And the logfile for the machine i try to add says something like
"...:get_md4pw(299) get_md4pw: Workstaion CLIENT$: no account in domain..."
Where CLIENT$ is the machinename i tried to add (just i tried to add it in
lowercase and so it was apparantly).

So one could draw from this that it isnt the "add user script" command
failing, just maybe samba's use of it.

Am i way off base? I could see someone changed this in the CVS i couldnt
compile, is that so?

Best regards
  Kim