Need help tracking down Win2K bug

Mayers, Philip J p.mayers at ic.ac.uk
Tue Feb 13 18:01:59 GMT 2001

Contrary to impressions, I haven't been sitting idly twiddling my thumbs - I
made significant progress with the extended security support before I hit a
problem (actually two problems) - I found some (serious) bugs in Win2K. MS
are unable (or unwilling) to reproduce the problem at their end, despite
detailed data from me (I thought :o)

I'd like some assistance and verification from someone that:

a) Someone other than me can reproduce these bugs
b) What the hell the problem is (with the second one)

Until they're fixed, I can proceed no further. The person would have to be
relatively trustworthy (since both are security related) and a capable C
programmer, with local access to Win2K and Unix machines (preferable RH 7.0)

Contact me off the list if you're interested.

Regards,
Phil

| Phil Mayers, Network Support     |
| Centre for Computing Services    |