Buglist before 2.2 release.

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Tue Feb 13 16:53:57 GMT 2001

Hi all,

	Here's the current buglist I have to work on
before Samba 2.2 looks "feature complete" and we can
ship. I thought people might appreciate an update as
we've been at this a while :-) :-).

a). W2K clients joining a Samba 2.2 PDC.

	I fixed a bug on this yesterday, w.r.t. odd/even
domain name lengths. This needs more testing.

b). Wildcard fix with DOS clients. Andrew and Gerald have
been looking at this - it's a high priority problem but it
may just be with "nt smb support" set to no - in which case
we could remove this option.

c). NT profile directories being created with zero-length
permissions (I mean zero permissions :-).

I have traces of this, it's a NT security descriptor bitmask
wrangling problem. Should get fixed this week.

d). Allowing Win9x clients to get a user list from a Samba PDC.

Feature add - "must fix" before 2.2 ships. VMware helps a lit
here :-).

e). POSIX ACL code ports to Solaris/IRIX/AIX/HPUX etc.

Vendors could help a lot here. Currently the only supported
platform is Linux with the "bestbits" patch. This probably
hasn't had enough testing - once the vendor ports are done it
will get a lot more shakeout. Currently I have volounteers for
IRIX and AIX. No one looking at Solaris at the moment (helloooo
Sun - anyone there.... ? :-) :-).

d). Documentation updates to match code.

Big job - I'll start working on this full time when the code i
s complete....

g). Patch integration. Yes I'm sure there are lots I've
missed. Don't let me forget any !

h). Various printer driver specific problems (usually PCL
drivers).

Getting fixed slowly on a one-by-one basic (usually in
conjunction with HP - good on them !), we owe a big
debt of thanks to John Reilly (our new man on printing :-) :-).

Ok - that's the state of things for now.... let me know
what you think !

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.