Wildcard handling

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Tue Feb 13 15:52:12 GMT 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Andrew Tridgell wrote:

> The next question is what sort of server are we trying to emulate when
> we have "nt smb support = no". To determine that I would first like to
> know *why* people use the "nt smb support" option. Is there some other
> critical behaviour in Samba which needs that setting set to no? Can we
> fix that and remove the option completely?

The MS DOS client does not work with the current implementation for '?'.
That I think is the real issue here.  The win98/nt smb support = (yes,no)
is somewhat of a side issue I think (as you have proven).

Cheers, jerry
      / \   Gerald (Jerry) Carter                  gcarter at valinux.com
     / . \  VA Linux Systems / SAMBA Team              jerry at samba.org
\ . /
 \ /        "...a hundred billion castaways looking for a home."
                                - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )