SAMBA 2.0.7.0 on AIX 4.3.2 and Terminal Server.

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Tue Feb 13 14:35:25 GMT 2001

Hello Da[2001/02/12 08:07:15, 0] vid,
the following line:locking/locking_shm.c:shm_get_share_modes(213)
  get_share_modes: process 37352 no longer exists

indicates that the smbd spawned to handle the connection has terminated
for some reason.  Normally, if samba encounters some condition which causes
it to terminate, it will write a DEBUG message at level 0 to indicate why
(like a 'Panic' message, or an 'Exit' message). You might want to do the
following:
in smb.conf edit the following lines in your global section:
log level = 10
log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m

And then try your application again; this should generate a log file named
log.<terminal server machinename> with a lot more information about what the
smbd was doing before this error occurs, and give you some idea of what
might be failing.

In addition, many problems with terminal server connections to Samba have
seen to be alleviated by setting up terminal server to generate individual
connections for clients, rather than multiplexing all users on a share over
the same virtural connection.  You might try modifying this by
adding/changing the following registry key via regedt32 on your terminal
server and restarting terminal server:

/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Rdr/Parameters

Add Value: MultipleUsersOnConnection
data type: REG_DWORD
data: 0

Hope this helps,