Wildcard handling

Richard Bollinger rabollinger at home.com
Tue Feb 13 11:22:56 GMT 2001

> The next question is what sort of server are we trying to emulate when
> we have "nt smb support = no". To determine that I would first like to
> know *why* people use the "nt smb support" option. Is there some other
> critical behaviour in Samba which needs that setting set to no? Can we
> fix that and remove the option completely?

In my situation, the option was accidentally enabled and my original conclusion was "don't do
that" (tm).

Perhaps the option should be indicated as "depreciated" with an eye towards removing it if
no-one identifies a worthy purpose.

If the option is retained, Andrew's suggestion to change Samba's behaviour only in that case
(when nt smb support = No is set) should apply.

Thanks, Rich B