Compile error rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Tue Feb 6 17:37:40 GMT 2001

Scott Prather wrote:

> With the latest cvs source for 2.2 I am getting the
> following error when compiling with xlc on AIX
>
> "rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c", line 770.25: 1506-025 (S)
>   Operand must be a modifiable lvalue.
>
> with gcc on Red Hat 6.2 I get the following message -
>
> rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:770: warning: assignment
>    of read-only member `access_required'

Hi Scott.  This is my bad.  The const should be removed
form the function definition.  The mapping of the 0x0
access_required mask to PRINTER_ACCESS_USE is needed to prevent
an NT user with on permissions to access the printer
from being able to successfully call open_printer_ex and
thus install the printer.

I'll fix the code.  I thought I checked that in.  My bad.

CHeers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org
       http://www.plainjoe.org/                     jerry at plainjoe.org