profile bug and 2.2alpha2

Joe Rhett jrhett at isite.net
Sun Feb 4 00:52:50 GMT 2001

Jeremy -- any chance of getting alphas faster? It seems that every time I
get ready to test, fixes I need are only in CVS ... and yet the CVS isn't
stable enough to compile or run properly (bad timing on my part I guess)

I'd like to see snapshots of stuff which is purported to build if that's
possible.

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 08:58:32AM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 04:11:33PM +0100, Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:
> >

> > samba 2.2alpha2 (and current CVS) is crashing when writing the user's
> > profile to the server from a W2K box as reported by others already.
> >

> > It's coredumping in unpack_nt_owners():
> >
> > 	if (security_info_sent & OWNER_SECURITY_INFORMATION) {
> > 		sid_copy(&owner_sid, psd->owner_sid);
> > 		if (!sid_to_uid( &owner_sid, puser, &sid_type))
> > 			DEBUG(3,("unpack_nt_owners: unable to validate owner sid.\n"));
> >
> > exactly in the sid_copy() call.
> >
> > now the why: easy there is not owner_sid in the ACL and there is no
> > group_sid neither !
>
> Thanks JF - I changed that code recently to allow it
> to be called from the NTtrans create with SD call - and
> I forgot to add the checks on the validity of that
> bitfield.
>
> It's a stupid bitfield, as the SD is self describing
> anyway :-) :-). Sorry - thanks for the fix.
>
> Jeremy.
>
> -
> Buying an operating system without source is like buying
> a self-assembly Space Shuttle with no instructions.

Joe Rhett                                         Chief Technology Officer
JRhett at ISite.Net                                      ISite Services, Inc.

PGP keys and contact information:          http://www.noc.isite.net/Staff/