2.2.0-alpha2 - inet_aton missing on ReliantUNIX

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Feb 1 13:37:45 GMT 2001

Toomas Soome wrote:
> same for solaris. I replaced it with inet_pton.

Please note: I don't think inet_pton() is universally available;
from a quick survey of our machines:

    OS            Has inet_pton()?
    ------------  ----------------
    HP-UX 10.20   No
    HP-UX 11.00   No
    IRIX 5.3      No
    IRIX 6.5      Yes, but not documented and requires _SGIAPI define
    Linux 2.0.x   Yes, but not documented
    Linux 2.2.x   Yes, but not documented
    Linux 2.4.x   Yes, but not documented
    Solaris 2.5.x No
    Solaris 2.6   No
    Solaris 7     Yes, but not documented
    Solaris 8     Yes, but not documented
    Tru64 4.0d    No

There's enough NO's above to warrant a configure check for the
function.  Also, we need to make sure that inet_pton() is in
fact a published, public interface...  On a quick glance, it
looks like they all use the same arguments...

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com