Samba not working on PARISC Linux (fwd)

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Sat Dec 29 08:28:01 GMT 2001

On Thu Dec 20 12:58:02 2001, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Anyone want to comment?

Well, this matches up with a bug report recently filed against Debian's
Samba package.

My first hope was that we could override the detection within the Debian
package using a config.cache variable.  Nothing doing; the check for LFS
support is quite custom, and the result isn't cached.  So instead, a
general solution is required.

The problem is putting together a usable test case.  In the strace
output below, even though the argument is mangled, the fcntl syscall
still returns 0 (success).  Joerg, do you have strace output from Samba
that shows exactly how this is causing a failure?  Hopefully we can
extract a simple test case from that.

Has anyone brought this to the attention of the glibc developers?  I'm
sure the Linux-parisc port would in general benefit from having a
working fcntl implementation.

Cheers,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer