Samba 3.0 progress

Sean Elble S_Elble at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 17:01:03 GMT 2001

Andrew,

All I can say is "WOW"! I really can't believe the amount of progress that
has been made with Samba 3.0 . . . it's really amazing to see this many
changes being made to the Samba codebase in only 8 months (since the Samba
2.2.0 release). It's hard to believe the next Samba release will only be
2.2.3, and we're already talking about concentrating "on getting 3.0
released". Really great to see. So, anyway, just how far away do you figure
on being from releasing 3.0? :-) (I know developers hate this question, no
answer required.) Thanks to all the Samba developers for all the hard work .
. . I can assure you that the "users" of Samba, and the people who use what
those users setup appreciate it.

Sean P. Elble
Editor, Writer, Co-Webmaster
ReactiveLinux.com (Formerly MaximumLinux.org)
http://www.reactivelinux.com/
elbles at reactivelinux.com