Can Samba co-operate?

Mike McCormack mike_mccormack at start.com.au
Thu Dec 20 17:57:03 GMT 2001

Hi Christopher,

That is exactly what i was looking for.

i understand that would it would difficult to re=write samba, and that
it may impact performance in a bad way, but the user i'm looking to
support wouldn't be running a performance critical server anyway.

Any chance of getting a look at the code?

Mike

Original message from: "Christopher R. Hertel" <crh at nts.umn.edu>

>Samba takes full ownership of those ports.
>
>I've argued, from time to time, that it would be best to have a NBT
daemon
>to manage services on the three key ports.  I agree with the
>counter-argument that Samba probably shouldn't be overhauled to work
this
>way.  On the other hand, I have started work on a code library that
would
>allow exactly what I'm describing.
>
>My thinking is that there would be an 'nbtd' that would manage
NetBIOS

mailto:Mike_McCormack at start.com.au
ph +82 16 430 0425