winbind memory leaks and samba 2.2.3

Mike Pain mtp at blaby.gov.uk
Thu Dec 20 08:47:07 GMT 2001

Ok, I've got the CVS 2_2 from 11:00 GMT yesterday (19/12/01, or 12/19/01 for
non UK people!).  I'm looking out for the memory at the moment.  The first
issue I've seen is with the winbind separator.  When attempting to connect
to a share from a Win98SE PC, if the separator is not \ then the connection
is made as the local unix user rather than the domain user (ie if the
separator is \, smbstatus shows me connected as DOMAIN\me, but if the
separator is + I'm just connected as me).  Also, when viewing (using the
nexus admin tools on 98SE) the list of users in the ACL for a file, at 2.2.2
I see the users as  ids (with full names in brackets) (assuming I'm using \
as the separator).  In the cvs version the users appear as DOMAIN\id (also
with full names), and the Everyone user is blank.  If I add a user, the name
appears just as id (with full name), but when I ok it then go back in to the
list, that new user has become DOMAIN\id like the others.
What I have also noticed is that whatever permissions my file has, when I
select the properties, ready to go into the security tab, the permissions
change to rwxrwxr--, ie the world permissions are set to r-- from whatever
they were previously.  I'm using linux kernel 2.4.16 with Ext3 with ACL
extensions from http://acl.bestbits.at/.
Mike