Smbmount broken?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Dec 19 08:12:05 GMT 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 10:55:04AM +0100, Urban Widmark wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>
> > Applied to HEAD and 2.2 CVS thanks. BTW: Are you sure the removal
> > of the getenv ASCII code is correct ?
>
> No no no no, I didn't ask you to apply this :)

Sorry. When you send out a patch and people respond "yes it fixed
the bugs for me" I tend to apply them :-).

> The capabilities flags are all wrong for smbfs. There needs to be a "clear
> everything" step before cli_session_setup.
> 	c->capabilities &= ~(CAP_UNICODE | CAP_LARGE_FILES | ... )
> (and this is so backwards, smbmount knows nothing about smbfs
>  capabilities, instead smbfs should call smbmount with the right flags)
>
> The ASCII env flag only controls one of those, so it's not enough to be
> correct. And there really is no point in letting people turn it on.
>
> The patch is incorrect however. I removed it because I misread what it
> did. I'll check what is in there now and send an update for 2_2 this
> evening. The update will be marked "please apply this" :)

Ok, thanks. I'll leave the current code "as is" so do the patch
against that.

> HEAD is causing more trouble, and I got stuck trying to get that to work
> properly.

I'm going to concentrate on HEAD once 2.2.3 has shipped. Until then
I wouldn't worry too much about it (other than reporting bugs like
this to Andrew).

Jeremy.