Synchro prob

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Tue Dec 18 04:55:02 GMT 2001

[Moved to samba at lists.samba.org]

"quinzin.maxime at libertysurf.fr" wrote:
> I have Samba between Windows and AIX, we've got a
> synchronization prob :
> - An update file on AIX is not immediatly visible in his
> latest version on Windows (98 or NT)
> - The upgrade can reach several minutes
> Is there a solution to force the synchronization
> immediatly (or faster) with Samba ?

	Sure: update the file on the AIX machine using
	smbclient or smbsh.  This uses the smb protocol,
	and triggers the oplock-break mechanism which
	forces the cleints to get a fresh copy.

	You could put something like this in
	a Makefile:

install:
	smbclient //scot/davecb -Udavecb%passwd -c \
		"prompt; put ${EXECUTABLE}"

	If you don't like putting passwords in files,
	you can leave off -U and be prompted for it.

--dave
Americas Customer Engineering, | some people and astonish the rest.
SunPS Integration Services.    |                      -- Mark Twain
(905) 415-2849                 | davecb at canada.sun.com