samba-2.2.2 hpux No locking available

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Mon Dec 17 08:32:07 GMT 2001

Hi Klaus,
this error message typically means that you are using the BUNDLED
c compiler that is shipped with HP-UX, which is NOT ansi c compliant,
so many of the tests that configure generates on the fly fail to
compile, and you get errors indicating that the test failed, when actually
the test never compiled properly in the first place.  You need to either
purchase and install the ansi c compiler from HP, or you can go onto the
internet and pull the latest version of gcc from the gnu.org website and
use that to compile samba.
Hope this helps,
Don