What do the Winbind 2.2.2 memory leaks mean?

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Mon Dec 17 06:19:03 GMT 2001

I believe the winbind memory leak is what you're referring to as a "classic"
leak.  IIRC there should *never* be a situation where the kernel is unable
to free memory that was being used by a killed process.  I believe Linux
kernels 2.4.1 through 2.4.11 had buggy virtual memory management code, so
that may be your problem.