Ugly printing problems with Win2k

Olaf Frączyk olaf at cbk.poznan.pl
Fri Dec 14 10:19:02 GMT 2001

Hi,
I have:
samba 2.2.2 (sambaA) - login + profiles
samba 2.2.2 (sambaB) - printing

and: WinNT 4.0PL, Win2kPL.

sambaB is configured in security server mode, and authenticates against
sambaA.
No guest account.
Security is not share, as it causes problems with lprng accounting.
I don't download drivers from samba.

So: if I have parameter disable spoolss = yes:
1. If document printed from WinNT:
- correct document name in NT and Win2k printer window
2. If document printed from Win2k
- "smb.prn" document name in NT and Win2k printer window

if disable spoolss = no
I cannot see document in Win2k printer window, but in WinNt I can.
The Win2k says: (translated from polish) "Access Denied". But prints :)
This is also true even if I set myself as printer admin.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Olaf