ETAs and roadmaps [Was: Re: winbind memory leaks and samba 2.2.3]

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Wed Dec 12 10:41:02 GMT 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Mike Pain wrote:

> Is there any eta on Samba 2.2.3?  I realise that 3.0alpha has taken the
> focus of attention (and that winbind in alpha5 is looking good) ...

Also most useful would be an estimated time for 3.0 , because the new
Active Directory material, mention of which I happened to stumble across
in the last couple of weeks, might be exceedingly useful in influencing
some very major decisions (including UNIX+Samba vs. different/non-samba)
we have to make soon.

These requests resemble two points on a possibly more general roadmap, and
the mention of ADS in 3.0alpha was also a most useful component of the
map.  (Is there a road-map?  Or even a path-sketch?  Hint?)

Naturally I understand that the Team will wish to emphasise the *E* part
of any such ETAs!