winbind memory leaks and samba 2.2.3

Mike Pain mtp at blaby.gov.uk
Wed Dec 12 09:42:03 GMT 2001

Is there any eta on Samba 2.2.3?  I realise that 3.0alpha has taken the
focus of attention (and that winbind in alpha5 is looking good), but we are
struggling with the winbind memory leak (even stopping and restarting
winbind out of hours does not work as something is using up all the system
memory (512Mb) over a period of less than a week, requiring a reboot to free
it, and I hate the grin on the NT guy's face at having to do that!).  I'm
reluctant to use a CVS version in production (and we want to use Brandon
Stone's recycling bin which won't patch against the CVS version, and I'm not
sure if I trust myself to manually apply the changes 8-), but I will if the
current cvs is stable.

Mike

the system manager.

This message has been scanned for viruses.
Blaby District Council - 0116 275 0555