winbindd - auth problems, default domain

Rob Newberry rob at grouplogic.com
Mon Dec 10 10:52:06 GMT 2001

> > Problem #1 - authorization: NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT
>
> You will need to join the domain using smbpasswd for this to work.

Guess I wasn't explicit enough -- I _have_ joined the domain using the
smbpasswd command.  I worked on this problem for about 6 hours; the least
I could do was read all the documentation and do what it said :-).

When I joined the domain, I got notification that my joining was
successful (yippie!).

The DC is actually a W2K active directory controller, running in mixed
mode.  After running smbpasswd to join the domain, I went to look at the
active directory server, and indeed, the machine is listed as a member.
Is there anything _else_ I need to do?  Are mixed mode active directory
controllers supported?  I can run winbindd in debug mode and provide
output if that helps...

> > Problem #2 - default domain (for sendmail)
>
> Other people have requested this feature (no domain name means prepend
> the current domain) so maybe we should implement it!

Cool.  I'm a programmer and can help, but I unfortunately probably don't
have enough time right now to help much.  I'll see what I can do, but in
the meantime, I'll offer moral support :-).

Rob