Adobe Photoshop uses wrong permissions when saving, default ACLs and create mask being ignored.

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Mon Dec 10 06:12:22 GMT 2001

(moved from samba-users)

One of our employees is having an odd problem with Adobe Photoshop.  Files
he saves with Photoshop are saved with permissions 777 and an empty ACL
(other than the standard UNIX entries), completely ignoring both the create
mask and the default ACL for the directory.  Files he creates with other
programs have the correct permissions.  This has me stumped.  It appears I
can reproduce the problem at will.

Client is Windows NT 4.0 SP6a and Adobe Photoshop 5.0.  Server is RedHat
7.0, kernel 2.4.7 plus ACL 0.7.13.  Samba 2.2.2.

relevent smb.conf global entries (entire file available upon request):

        create mask = 701
        directory mask = 700
        map hidden = yes

and the share entry:

[Sales]
        comment = Sales & Marketing Division files
        path = /export/sales
        writable = yes
        printable = no

Here's the ACL for the directory:

# file: WTC
# owner: INTERCLEAN+Brent
# group: INTERCLEAN+Domain Users
user::rwx
user:mirror:r-x
group::---
group:INTERCLEAN+Domain Admins:rwx
group:INTERCLEAN+Sales:rwx
mask:rwx
other:---
default:user::rwx
default:user:mirror:r-x
default:group::r-x
default:group:INTERCLEAN+Domain Admins:rwx
default:group:INTERCLEAN+Sales:rwx
default:mask:rwx
default:other:---

And one of the troublesome files (note that the default ACL has been
completely ignored!):

# file: 2.jpg
# owner: INTERCLEAN+Brent
# group: INTERCLEAN+Domain Users