a much improved smbprint script.

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Sun Dec 9 15:36:14 GMT 2001

* Richard Sharpe <sharpe at ns.aus.com> [011209 11:40] wrote:
> Hi Alfred,
>
> Thanks for this scripts ... I can see that it has been cleaned up a lot.
>
> However, I have one big problem with it at the moment, but of course
> there was already a big problem with the original, that is related to
> the problem that you have introduced :-)
>
> Your script assumes that smbclient is to be found at
> /usr/pkg/bin/smbclient, while the original assumed that it was to be
> found at /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient.
>
> Your solution is an improvement, but I think I will have to take it one
> step further. There is, I think, an install script that goes through a
> bunch of scripts and fixes up the locations of such things.
>
> This will involve making smbprint a standard script that is installed by
> Samba. I will ask the team what they think of the idea, and add it.
>
> At the very least, I will add what you have provided with a small change
> and a comment to change the location of smbprint.

Actually, I should have allowed the shell variable 'smbprint' to be
overloaded from the config file at least.  I'll send you an update
in a day or two.

Yes, the fixup script seems like a good idea, I figure it could
probably
be done via configure... but then again, i'm no configure guru.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred at freebsd.org]
                           http://www.morons.org/rants/gpl-harmful.php3