winbindd - auth problem, default domain

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Sun Dec 9 13:24:02 GMT 2001

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 03:51:56PM -0500, Rob Newberry wrote:

> Problem #1 - authorization: NT_STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT

You will need to join the domain using smbpasswd for this to work.

> Problem #2 - default domain (for sendmail)

Other people have requested this feature (no domain name means prepend
the current domain) so maybe we should implement it!

> Now, it might be possible to make this sort of work with the
> $WINBINDD_DOMAIN environment variable.  If it can, please explain how --

This environment variable restricts the domains which are searched when
resolving names.  Unfortunately it doesn't do what you want.

Tim.