Samba 2.2.pre3 and DOS clients /read raw

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sun Dec 9 10:08:02 GMT 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 07:32:30AM +0100, Ph. Marek wrote:
> Well, I traced a little further.
>
> Please see attached 2 files:
> - setup.txt: Sniffer dump of session setup. Sorry, only server sent packets
> - don't know why, should have both sides.
> - a samba-logfile at level 10: this is interesting at line 1082, where the
> SMBreadraw gets flagged with an error. The DOS commands were "type
> text.txt" and "pc-spez\view.exe". the type worked, the view.exe says
> "illegal .Exe-file"
>
> Another data point: if I have "read raw=false" in [global], it works (at
> least with DOS) - but is slow, naturally.

Ok, I have tested what I think is a similar setup (DOS6 with MS Lanman
client) using vmware and the readbraw code in the current SAMBA_2_2
CVS works perfectly.

You're already using a CVS build aren't you.... hmmmm. I need to
reproduce this to see it and fix it.

Can you give me more information about your *exact* DOS setup
please ?

Thanks,

	Jeremy.