Samba vs. Win2K

ulairi at csun.edu ulairi at csun.edu
Thu Dec 6 13:56:02 GMT 2001

First, setup:
OS: IRIX 6.5.13f (64bit)
Compiler: MIPS Pro 7.3.1.2m
configure flags: --with-acl-support --prefix=/usr/local/builds/SAMBA-2.2.2LDAP -
-with-quotas --with-ldapsam --with-vfs --with-msdfs
LDAP server: OpenLDAP 2.0.15 with the samba schema extensions.

Client: Win2K SP2

I can successfully map a drive and I see in the logs that the user info is
pulled from LDAP.
Got troubles when I try to edit the ACL via the GUI. (Editing the ACL on a
file, "mpich-1.2.1.tgz" in my homedir). The enumeration of current ACEs
succeeds correctly, but when I click on the "add" button, the system, after
about 5 seconds, throws up a msgBox reading:

msgBox Title: mpich-1.2.1.tgz Properties
msgBox Text: "Object Picker cannot open because no locations from which to
choose objects could not be found."
msgBox Button: Close

When I click on "close", another msgBox pops up:

msgBox Title: Security
msgBox Text: "Unable to display the user selection dialog. The parameter is
incorrect."
msgBox Button: Ok

If this is a known issue, please point me to the location for RTFM (something a
bit more specific then just "read the docs" would be appreciated, though). If
this is an issue of interest or more details are necessary, please let me know.
Access to the SAMBA host can be arranged, if necessary.