Windows ME login fails via VPN

Kevin Long KLong at southlandInd.com
Thu Dec 6 11:19:05 GMT 2001

I have an ME user, who had his own workgroup AUTUMN, trying to access a
2.2.2 box set to AUTHENTICATION = DOMAIN. The error was:

2001/12/06 14:10:47, 0] smbd/password.c:domain_client_validate(1609)
  domain_client_validate: unable to validate password for user EHUGHES in
domain
 AUTUMN to Domain controller *. Error was NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER.

because our NT 4.0 domain is SI-NET. Once he changed his local workgroup to
SI-NET, he was able to access the domain, but every time he hits the SAMBA
box, the same error shows up. He did reboot after changing the workgroup.
Any workarounds for this?

Kevin Long.