SAMBA_2_2: Failure with smbmounted volume

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Wed Dec 5 14:43:11 GMT 2001

I have another problem with the latest SAMBA_2_2 to report. I have a volume
mounted from Windows NT4 server onto a Linux Redhat 7.1 client machine using
smbmount. When I opened a file while the volume was mounted using the old
release-2-2-2 version of the source code, smb return value looked like this
in strace:

	open("CVS/Checkin.prog", O_RDONLY)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

This is correct, and there is no problem. When I perform the exact same
operation with the same volume mounted using the latest (as of 2001-12-03
19:30 GMT) code, the open returns this way:

	open("./CVS/Checkin.prog", O_RDONLY)    = -1 EIO (Input/output
error)

Unfortunately, cvs barfs when it sees EIO for that file, so a cvs sandbox
can't be hosted on a smbfs mount, using the latest code.

I'll trace and diff the code, when I get time. Meanwhile, I'm hoping this is
enough to jog someone's memory.

---
Andrew C. Esh                mail:Andrew.Esh at tricord.com
Tricord Systems, Inc.
2905 Northwest Blvd., Suite 20        763-557-9005 (main)
Plymouth, MN 55441-2644 USA      763-551-6418 (direct)
http://www.tricord.com - Tricord Home Page